There are several ways to add a Document to a Text:
- In the general section "Documents" via the Button "Add Documents"
- By using drag&drop into the general section "Documents"
- By adding a link to a Text
- Via the Menu
- By drag& drop on to a tree node when in "edit tree"-mode
- Start by editing a document
- The general document section is opened by default
- The the drag & drop area and the button to add documents is displayed.
- A document upload dialog will open.
- You may chose the option to search your local drives for documents to upload.
- Once the to-be-uploaded document has been selected, you may confirm the with "open".
- SABIO will automatically chose the name of the selected document as the title of the document.
- You are free to alter this field
- You may add a description of the document. (This is an optional field that only can be seen by editors)
- All access rights are automatically the same as the ones for the Text that the document is attached to.
- You may alter the availability of the document. (This field is optional)
- clicking "save" will upload the document and link it to the open Text.
The document will inherit all Views of the Text.
As soon as the upload has finished the document will be displayed in a sub section: Newly attached.
Here you will see all documents that just have been uploaded.
- If the open text already contained links to documents, the sub-section "newly attached" is displayed below the previously existing documents.
- edit a Text
- click on "documents"
- open a Windows file Explorer (or finder on Mac)
- select one or multiple documents
- drag & drop the documents into your browser window towards the documents section.
(Note that this section gets highlighted with a dotted line)
- SABIO will automatically assign the name of the documents as title and the documents will inherit all access rights and views that the Text holds.
- As soon as the documents have been uploaded, they will show up in a sub-section "newly added".
- edit a Text
- highlight one or more words in this Text.
- select the option to add a link
- A Dialog will open to edit the link.
- Select the tab "document"
- The name of the document will automatically be the previously highlighted text
- The field "tooltip" defines the text displayed in a Mouseover on the link. This is optional.
You need to select if the document is to be opened in
- the same SABI-Tab
- a new SABIO-Tab
- as a Download
clicking on "add document" will open the upload dialog
- Now you need to navigate to your document, highlight it and select it with a click on "open"
SABIO will automatically set the name of the file as the title of the document. You are free to alter this.
All access rights and views will automatically be inherited from the Text. You are free to set a different validity date.
- clicking on "save" will upload the document.
- A click on "OK" will link the freshly uploaded document with the highlighted text.
- Similarly multiple documents may be uploaded the same way via drag & drop.
- for this you need to highlight some text, then select the "edit link" option
- You can now drag and drop files on to this dialog to upload multiple documents.
- clicking "OK" will link the LAST uploaded Document with the previously highlighted text.
All other uploade documents will be linked to the Text itself, but can not be accessed via the inserted link.
- click on "add document" in the main menu
- A new tab will open with the option to browse for documents
- browse for the documents on your local drive, select the document and click "open".
SABIO will automatically select the file name as the Title of the document.
You are free to alter this.
You can add a description to the document. This is an optional field that is only visible for editors.
- Clicking on "add link" will open the tree as folder structure.
- Select the Text to add the document to.
Clicking "OK" will select the path to the Text.
- Now all views are displayed that are available for the chosen Text.
You may chose any number of views, but at least one.
- The Document will then inherit all selected views and access rights for the chosen document.
- You are free to alter the availability time (optional)
- open the tree tab in SABIO
- right click and select edit tree
- drag any number of documents on to a selected tree node that contains a Text
- The documents will automatically be uploaded and linked to the Text
- the filenames will become the document Title
- the access rights and views are inherited from the Text