Selecting the text to be linked.
- Clicking on "Edit link" in the toolbar of the HTML editor:
Clicking on the tab "Document", since the opened window shows the form for external links by default:
- Name: The text selected to be linked.
- Tooltip: (Optional) The entered text will be shown as a tooltip when hovering with the mouse over the link.
- Target: This selection controls how the linked document is to be displayed or downloaded. If the document type doesn't allow for a direct display in SABIO it will be downloaded regardless of the selection.
In the lower part of the window all documents are listed, that are already uploaded on the SABIO server. Selecting a document and clicking on "OK" will link the chosen document.
If the document is not uploaded yet, a click on "Add Document" will open the following window:
Note: The current user will be preselected as the author of the document. As group, every group can be chosen that the current user is a member of.
- A click on "Choose File" allows the user to select a document on the local hard drive.
- The field "Title" will be filled with the name of the document without the file type suffix but can be changed afterward.
The description is optional but can be quite helpful when a large number of documents is uploaded.
Clicking on "Save" will upload the document to the server.
Note: With large files, this process may take accordingly long.
The precise time span depends on the network connection of the user.
The document´s title/name should be web-compliant, so please avoid the following characters:
- special characters of an url: ! * ' ( ) ; : @ & = + $ , . / ? % # [ ]
- The window will be closed and the newly uploaded document will be preselected.
- Clicking on "OK" will apply the link to the text.
Info: Documents, as well as texts, can be provided with a date of validity.