To process suggestions use the following steps:
- Clicking on the suggestion in the list of content to show the detailed view.
- The detailed view of the suggestion does not provide the information for which textelement of the respective text the suggestion has been submitted.
Clicking on the button "Show linked content" to display the linked text with all textelements:
- To finally view for which of the textelements the suggestion has been submitted and to work on it if necessary, the editor opens the text in the editing mode by clicking on „Edit“ in the toolbar.
- In the edit mode the editor now finds the suggestion by opening the textelement to which it has been submitted.
It is visible below the CKEditor under the point „Suggestions“. He now can comment on the suggestion or change its status as requested.
Opening the suggestions panel by clicking on the arrow next to "suggestions":
Note: In editing mode, the suggestions to a text are always visible.
- Editing the text and changing the status of the suggestion.
- Saving the text.
Which status should I use when and what are the implications?
A change of status will be communicated to the creator and all contributors of the suggestion by email. By changing the status the users are able to follow the progress on their suggestion.
If the status of a suggestion is "Open", but it cannot be processed e.g. for want of information, the status should be set to "In progress". This status signals the user that the suggestion is processed.
If a suggestion is processed completely the status should be set to "Closed", i.e. no new commentaries are allowed for this suggestion. Although it is possible to create a new one.
Note: The status "In Progress" can only be changed to "Closed, whereas "Open" can be changed to either "In progress" or "Closed".
The editor should leave a brief comment in the suggestion on principle, to inform the contributing users of the reasons for his assessment. This facilitates communication and is a motivation for the users to help with the improvement of the content.